My 1st child Tucker 4-7-2010

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hyperemesis Gravidarum

This is the second day in a row that I've thrown up right away in the morning. Before yesterday, I hadn't thrown up in almost a week. From 6 weeks on, I've been struggling with a pregnancy condition called Hyperemesis Gravidarum:

"Extreme, persistent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy that may lead to dehydration. Symtoms: Severe, persistent nausea during pregnancy, often leads to weight loss, lightheadedness or fainting."-NCBI-PubMed Health. Hyperemesis occurs in about 0.3% to 2.0% of pregnant women.

I struggled with the same condition during my 1st pregnancy and it lasted until I was 16 weeks pregnant. With this pregnancy,from 6 weeks pregnant to 8, the sickness was so bad that my son Tucker and I had to move in with my parents for two weeks! This way I was able to get round the clock care. Especially help with my son, who is 22 months. I'm so thankful that my parents were willing to take us in. I don't know how I would have survived. They're probably the most hospitable people I know. With this pregnancy, the nausea and vomiting has been more intense, but seems to be ending quicker. Hallelujah! Although, there are still good days and bad days.

This morning I'm reminded of Psalm 103:3-4:

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion"

Maybe I need to focus more on what God has done for me, instead of dwelling on my own affliction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment