My 1st child Tucker 4-7-2010

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

15 week prenatal checkup

This morning, on a beautiful 66 degree sunny day, I headed to my 15 week checkup with my midwife in Madison. We discussed how I was feeling, any questions I had, and upcoming prenatal tests. 

Early last week I came down with a cold/flu, which caused conjunctivitis in my eyes and an ear infection. Thankfully the infections are gone, but now I'm struggling with congestion, a runny nose, and a nasty cough. Fun stuff! I've also been having random bouts of Sciatica. I learned that the baby is causing my pelvic area to be slightly off kilter and causing the pain, which is completely normal. 

We talked about the other joys of pregnancy, like peeing my pants every time I cough or sneeze, pregnancy stretches(She actually got down on the floor, in a skirt, and demonstrated. Thanks Debbie!), orgasms(Yes, I said the "O" word), and sex during pregnancy. I learned that having an orgasm during pregnancy is not only good for me, but good for the baby. The love hormone, Oxytocin, is released. She exclaimed, "have more sex!" lol.

I was also informed that there will be up to 3 midwives at my home birth. I was happy to hear this but then I thought, "how will we all fit in our small house?" There will be not only the midwives, but a photographer, my mom, my son Tucker, and my husband Zach and I. Wow! Party! My midwife said they're used to squeezing in small places.

Lastly, she checked my blood pressure and the babies heart beat. While she was listening to the heart beat, we actually heard the sound interference of the baby kicking. So awesome. Lovely day! 


Pregnancy Questionnaire

How far along? 15 weeks
Due date: August 28th, 2012
Baby #? 2nd child
Symptoms? Some nausea, sciatica, frequent urination, sore nipples ;)...etc.
Movement? Yes! It's like butterflies fluttering around. Little pokes.
Cravings? Deli sandwiches loaded with veggies and cheese, mashed potatoes, eggs,hash browns, and pancakes. 
Gender of baby: Unknown, but we will hopefully find out in about 1 month.
Doctor or Midwife: Certified Nurse Midwife 
Hospital or home birth? Planned home birth
Mood? Emotional ups and downs. 
Looking forward to: Getting over this cold! Also, going on a mini vaca to the Dells this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get cure from my fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can’t continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnose with genital warts since 2012 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2015 I gave up the treatment because I can’t continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr onokun, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr onokun treated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr onokun his email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for making the right choice by contacting Dr. Irosi who helped me in getting my ex back by casting a love spell on him. One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr. Irosi to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr. Irosi because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr. Irosi on his Email Address [drirosisolutioncenter@gmail.com], call or whatsapp him via his contact +2348118829771 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr. Irosi for your great work.  

    ReplyDelete